"KlimaPrêts" climate loans are intended to promote sustainable renovation of dwellings over 10 years old by prefinancing the renovation work.
These climate loans contribute not only to responsible energy consumption and environmental protection, but also to lowering energy costs, and increasing the comfort and value of the dwelling.
There are 2 loan formulas:
- zero-interest climate loans;
- low-interest climate loans, described in detail on this page.
Interested persons can contact the Single point of contact for housing assistance (Guichet unique des aides au logement).
The loan is awarded on the basis of an agreement in principle from the Single point of contact for housing assistance.
Who is concerned
Any natural or legal person who is the owner of a dwelling over 10 years old, located in Luxembourg, can apply for a low-interest climate loan.
No specific socio-economic conditions need to be satisfied to be eligible for these loans, nor is there a limit to the number of such loans that may be granted to a single beneficiary.
How to proceed
Filing an application
Interested parties should contact the Single point of contact for housing assistance to arrange an appointment. At the interview during the appointment, the applicant presents their renovation project.
The applicant then contacts an authorised energy consultant to obtain an energy consultant's report; the consultant helps also helps the applicant prepare the enhancement concept for the building.
Following the energy consultant’s advice, applicants can then file their application for a low-interest climate loan using:
- the DEPA-2017 aid application form for natural persons, if the applicant is a private individual; or
- the DEPA-2017 aid application form for legal persons, if the applicant is a legal person.
The application must include the following documents:
- the deed of property for the dwelling;
- the energy consultant's report (enhancement concept);
- tenders and/or quotes, reviewed by the energy consultant (a quote must be attached for each envisaged measure);
- for legal persons:
- the duly filled in low-interest KlimaPrêt for legal persons (KPTR-2017 - legal person) form;
- the instrument of constitution;
- an extract from the Trade and Companies Register (Registre de Commerce et des Sociétés – RCS);
- copies of the identity documents of the representatives;
- for natural persons:
- the duly filled in low-interest KlimaPrêt for natural persons (KPTR-2017 – natural person) form;
- a copy of an identity document;
- a document attesting to the applicant's legal right to stay in their country of residence.
Applying for a loan from the bank
When the bank has approved the loan, the applicant submits a copy of the loan contract to the Single point of contact for housing aid and work can begin.
Realisation of the work
From that point on, the enhancement concept can no longer be altered, unless an incident occurs during the works, necessitating an adaptation.
Any adaptation must be reported within 5 working days. In the event that .an adaptation is necessary, on the advice of the energy consultant, payments of the interest subsidy will be suspended until checks have been performed to ensure that the adaptation conforms to legal requirements.
Once the works have been completed, the person can apply for a “PRIMe House” grant for their building.
Climate loans at reduced rates are limited to a main amount of EUR 100,000 per building over a duration of 15 years.
The Government awards an interest subsidy of up to 1.5% and equal to no more than 10% of the principal (i.e. maximum EUR 10,000).
The interest rate of the subsidy can by no means be higher than the actual interest rate of the loan.
Forms / Online services
Demande d’aide dans le cadre du paquet banque climatique et logement durable - personne physique (DEPA-2017)
Demande d’aide dans le cadre du paquet banque climatique et logement durable – personne morale (DEPA-2017)
Demander un prêt climatique (KlimaPrêt) à taux réduit pour personne physique
Demander un prêt climatique (KlimaPrêt) à taux réduit pour personne morale
Who to contact
Single point of contact for housing assistance11, rue de Hollerich
Phone : (+352) 8002 10 10Fax : (+352) 458 844Reception: Mon.-Fri. from 8.00 to 12.00 and from 13.30 to 16.00 – Thurs. from 8.00 to 17.30 / Telephone: Mon.-Fri. from 8.00 to 16.00