Luxembourg has set up the 'Klima-Agence', a national structure whose role is to be a partner and the main public facilitator to mobilize and support Luxembourg's society towards a rational and sustainable use of energy.
Klima-Agence is structured as a public economic interest group (groupement d'intérêt économique - G.I.E.). The members of the group are the Luxembourg State, the Order of Architects and Consulting Engineers and the Chamber of Skilled Trades and Crafts.
The group's activities target:
- the reduction of energy consumption;
- the promotion of renewable energies;
- sustainable construction and housing;
while contributing to the national economic development.
Klima-Agence acts as a partner for all energy consumers and supports them in their efforts for a rational and sustainable use of energy.
Klima-Agence also acts as a facilitator for energy-related sectors and aims to contribute to tailored solutions that promote a more rational and sustainable use of energy.
Klima-Agence intends to valorize the insights gained through behavioural analysis of different consumer groups and energy actors in order to support the national policies of the sectors concerned.
Who is concerned
Klima-Agence offers its consulting services to individuals, businesses and communes as well as to experts in the field of energy and construction.
With its team of energy consultants, Klima-Agence is able to offer a basic consultation service, free of charge, to private individuals seeking information on the following topics:
- sustainable energy renovation of existing homes;
- the construction of new sustainable dwellings;
- promotion of renewable energy sources (solar, photovoltaic, and wood heating, heat pumps, etc.);
- day-to-day energy savings;
- the energy performance certificate;
- sustainable mobility;
- the terms of available state financial aids (PRIMe House, low-rate and zero-rate climate loans, LENOZ certification);
- the various types of aid available from communes and third parties.
How to proceed
A home visit (or an appointment in the premises of Klima-Agence) from a Klima-Agence advisor can address some of the steps that need to be taken, including available financial aid, before making decisions on a renovation or sustainable construction project.
Thanks to the personalized basic advice, it is possible to approach personal questions and projects, and be guided through the array of services and techniques available that correspond to these specific needs.
Anyone who wishes to arrange a personalised consultation may contact the Klima-Agence directly either:
- by dialling the toll-free number 8002 11 90, from Monday to Friday, 08.00 to 12.00 and 13.00 to 17.00 (except on public holidays);
- by using the form available on the website Klima-Agence.lu;
- by making an appointment with a Klima-Agence infopoint, a basic energy advice proposed in collaboration with the commune of residence. This service is offered at home or in the offices of the communal administration.