The Ministry of the Environment (Ministère de l’Environnement) grants subsidies for investments in systems designed to rationalise the use of energy and promote the use of renewable energy sources. The goal of this State financial aid scheme, called PRIMe HOUSE, is to support energy efficiency enhancements in existing residential buildings.
The pre-requirement for the implementation of an energy efficiency enhancement project is the energy consultant's report.
Who is concerned
Any person who wishes to improve the energy performance of their home (a detached house or house divided into flats) may apply for this financial aid, i.e.:
- natural persons;
- non-profit associations (association sans but lucratif - asbl);
- non-trading real estate companies (société civile immobilière);
- private and public developers.
PRIMe HOUSE subsidies are only granted for buildings located in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg.
As the case may be, the energy consultant's report lapses 4 years after the last day (31 December) of the calendar year in which the last invoice was issued relating to an eligible project to enhance the energy efficiency of an existing dwelling.
The application for financial aid must be submitted no later than 31 December 2017.
The State grants financial aid for energy consultants' reports for the following types of projects:
- energy efficiency enhancement for existing houses;
- technical installations for improving energy efficiency.
The energy consultant's report is compulsory for projects to enhance the energy efficiency of an existing house. To receive such financial aid for an energy efficiency enhancement project, the energy consultant's report must have been established between 1 January 2013 and 31 December 2016.
Applications for subsidies must be submitted to the Environment Agency (Administration de l'environnement) within four years of the last day (31 December) of the calendar year of the last invoice.
How to proceed
Submitting the application
Applications for subsidies must be sent to the Environment Agency. For house divided into flats, only one application needs to be filed.
The application for financial aid for an energy consultant's report must include the following:
- the application form (DEPA), to identify the applicant and inform the administration of the financial aid being sought;
- a specific technical sheet to attach (energy consultant's report);
- detailed invoices, receipted or accompanied by proof of payment, corresponding to the financial aid requested.
Subsidies for energy consulting services
The financial aid is as follows:
- EUR 1,000 for a detached house;
- EUR 1,200 for a residence comprising 2 flats. A supplement of EUR 25 is added to this base amount for each additional flat. The total amount of aid is limited to EUR 1,600.
The energy consultant's report can be supplemented by specific assistance by the energy consultant. Financial aid is granted:
- for measures taken to verify the conformity of offers (EUR 35 per measure, capped at EUR 140);
- for measures taken to verify the conformity of implementations on site (EUR 150 per measure, capped at EUR 420).
The financial aid for an energy consultant's report is reduced by:
- 50 % if financial aid for an energy consultant's report was received for the same object under the 2009 financial aid scheme;
- 70% if the energy consultant's report only covers the following technical installations:
- solar thermal systems;
- solar photovoltaic systems;
- heat pumps;
- wood-fuelled boilers;
- heating networks and connections.