The Environment Agency (Administration de l’environnement) grants subsidies for energy efficiency enhancement works.
Depending on the scope of the works, you can choose between 2 aid application procedures for the energy efficiency renovation of a residential building:
- one based on an energy consultation; or
- one that does not entail an energy consultation and is limited to a single construction element of the thermal envelope.
This Klimabonus aid can only be granted once per construction element, and only for a residential building located in Luxembourg.
Who is concerned
Any person who wishes to improve the energy performance of their residential building, that is, any:
- natural person;
- legal persons established under private law;
- public legal persons other than the State.
You can submit your application in your capacity as:
- legal representative of a group of natural or legal persons, provided that you are a part of this group yourself;
- owner(s) of the dwelling, except when there is a change of ownership and the new owner of the dwelling and/or technical installation forgoes the aid in question for the benefit of the former owner who made the investments.
Subsidies are granted for energy efficiency renovation works for which invoices are issued between 1 January 2022 and 31 December 2029.
The first application for an agreement in principle must be submitted between 1 January 2022 and 31 December 2025 inclusive.
Applications for the financial aid must be filed with the Single point of contact for housing assistance within 4 years as of 31 December of the calendar year in which the invoice was issued.
For renovation works where:
- the first application for an agreement in principle is submitted between 1 November 2022 and 31 December 2023 inclusive; and
- the invoice is issued by 31 December 2025 at the latest;
the financial aid awarded will be increased by a financial aid bonus of 25 %.
How to proceed
Filing the application
Applications for aid must be filed with the Single point of contact for housing assistance (Guichet unique des aides au logement).
Energy efficiency renovation of a residential building based on an energy consultation by an approved energy consultant
The energy consultation provides you with an energy performance assessment of your current dwelling. A set of potential renovation measures are proposed to achieve a higher energy classification (class A, B or C). You then choose the renovation measures you would like to implement based on your needs and budget.
Financial aid for an energy consultation is available in the amount of:
- EUR 1,500 for a single-family residence (a house);
- EUR 1,800 for a residence comprising 2 flats. A EUR 50 supplement is added to this base amount for each additional flat. The total amount of aid is limited to EUR 2,600.
Financial aid will only be granted if at least one energy efficiency measure is implemented. The amount of the financial aid can never exceed the actual cost of the energy consultation.
Energy efficiency renovation of a residential building that does not entail an energy consultation and is limited to a single construction element of the thermal envelope
This simplified procedure allows you to quickly renovate a single element without the need for an energy consultation. This single element may be:
- the pitched or flat roof; or
- an external wall; or
- the ceiling slab in contact with an unheated zone; or
- the floor slab in contact with an unheated zone, the ground or the exterior; or
- a wall in contact with an unheated zone or the ground; or
- windows and French windows.
The renovation work must be carried out by an approved business or must be performed in the presence of an energy consultant. If the works are monitored by an energy consultant, financial support in the amount of EUR 350 may be granted.
If you wish to renovate more than one element, the energy consultation is mandatory.
Good to know
The Klimabonus scheme applies to the sustainable energy efficiency enhancement of residential buildings older than 10 years from the date of issue of the building permit.
For energy consultations carried out prior to 31 December 2021, the previous PRIMe House aid scheme still applies.
Who to contact
Ministry of HousingSingle point of contact for housing assistance11, rue de Hollerich
Phone : (+352) 8002 10 10Fax : (+352) 458 844Reception: Reception: Thursdays by appointment only; every other weekday from 8.00 to 12.00 and 13.30 to 16.00 (no appointment necessary) / Telephone: Mon.-Fri. from 8.00 to 16.00