Citizens are kindly requested only to go to the service desks concerned in the case of urgent requests. With respect to the details of the administrative procedure or application and the alternative possibilities for submitting or performing them (e.g. online), please refer to the information pages available on Guichet.lu.
Following the exceptional measures taken by the Government Council to combat the spread of the COVID19 virus, the public is informed that the opening hours of certain public administrations will be changed as follows from Monday 16 March 2020:
- the physical reception desk of Guichet.lu remains accessible by appointment
- to request/collect a Luxembourg identity card in the event of an emergency;
- to request/collect a driver's licence in the event of an emergency;
- appointments can be made by email or by phone to 247-82000 from 8.00 to 18.00.
- Ministry of Justice:
- the "Nationality Certificate" desk and the "Arms and Security Service" desk will be closed to the public from 17 March 2020. Applications will be processed by email or phone;
- the "Nationalité" Infoline (toll free number 8002 1000 from Luxembourg) and (+352) 247 88588 from abroad) can be contacted Monday to Friday from 8.30 - 12.00 and from 13.30 - 17.00;
- Children’s Future Fund (CAE): the reception desks are closed;
- the CAE will be accessible by telephone for any general information or any information concerning a current dossier at (+352) 47 71 53-1 without interruption from 8.30 - 14.00;
- as a reminder, some CAE procedures can be carried out online;
- the forms required to complete the different procedures can also be downloaded on Guichet.lu and on the website of the CAE. These documents can be sent to the CAE by post (BP 394, L-2013).
- National Solidarity Fund (FNS): the reception desks are closed. The services offered by the FNS do not require you to come in person to their reception desk.
- application for benefits:
- the forms are available online and can be submitted by post to: BP 2411, L-1024 Luxembourg;
- if you need help, the case managers at the FNS are at your disposal from 08.30 to 11.30 at the telephone numbers available here;
- the certificates are sent by post on simple request to be made:
- online or;
- by phone (+352) 49 10 81 – 1, from 08.30 to 12.00 and from 13.00 to 16.30.
- the declarations of absence from the territory can be requested by phone from the case managers at the FNS from 08.30 to 11.30. The telephone numbers are available here;
- requests for the cost-of-living allowance can only be made by post. For any enquiry, the cost-of-living departement can be contacted by phone on (+352) 49 10 81 – 999 from 08.30 to 11.30;
- for any other information, citizens are requested to call (+352) 49 10 81 – 1 from 08.30 to 12.00 and from 13.00 to 16.30.
- Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs:
- Passport, Visa and Legalisation Office (BPVL): citizens are kindly requested to only go to the BPVL reception desk for urgent certification requests, from Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 12.00. The telephone reception is currently limited to the time slot of 13.00 - 16.00;
- all reception desks at the Immigration Directorate (the Refugees Office and the Department for Foreigners) are closed until further notice.
However, in the case of urgent duly justified requests, the reception of the public will be guaranteed by appointment only. Appointments can be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and bystating the context of the emergency.
The deposit of documents at the reception desk of the Immigration Directorateis currently not possible: applicants are requested to send their documents by post only;
- for ADEM: an appointment in person with ADEM can be arranged in case of emergency, but only after having obtained prior approval from ADEM to be requested by email (email@example.com) or by phone on 247 75001.
For certificate requests or other questions, the ADEM Contact Centre can be reached:
- on 247-88888 for job seekers;
- on 247-88000 for employers;
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ministry of Housing: the Single point of contact for housing assistance will be closed to the public, but can be contacted by email (email@example.com), post and telephone (call center 8002 10 10);
- the Grand Ducal Police: physical reception desks will be open to the public (24h/7) only at the following 4 police stations: Luxembourg city (1, rue Pierre et Marie Curie), Diekirch (8, rue Alexis Heck), Esch-sur-Alzette (104, boulevard Kennedy), Grevenmacher (48, rue de Machtum). All the police stations continue to operate normally and can be contacted by the public by phone or email. It is also possible to file a complaint online;
- Ministry of Finance: the counters and offices of the following administrations remain open to the public but will only be accessible by prior appointment. The contact numbers and email addresses for making appointments can be found on the respective websites:
- SNCA: all reception desks in charge of registration, approval, driving licences as well as the physical reception desk are closed to the public:
- all requests in relation with registrations, approvals and driving licences of private individuals will only be accepted by post or by deposit in one of the mailboxes on the different sites. A telephone number or an email address of the contact person must be included with each request;
- all requests in relation with registrations, approvals and driving licences by professionals have to be deposited and will be processed by the back-office. All physical contact when depositing the requests needs to be avoided;
- all theoretical and practical driving licence exams are cancelled until further notice, driving schools and candidates with an appointment will be contacted individually as soon as the situation allows new appointments to be made;
- persons who urgently have to collect a driving licence at one of the SNCA sites are requested to call the call-center at 26 62 64 00 or to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to work out a solution on a case by case basis;
- Ministry of Higher Education and Research: on-site consultations are no longer possible and the information offices on higher education will remain closed to the public. The following requests can be submitted by email or by post:
- Ministry of National Education: on-site consultations are no longer possible and the information offices on higher education will remain closed to the public. The following requests can be submitted by email or by post:
- National Pension Insurance Fund (CNAP): all counters are temporarily closed. A hotline is available for any questions or queries at 22 41 41 6500 from 8.00 to 12.00 and from 13.00 pm to 16.00 pm. The CNAP also remains accessible via a contact form.
- the Maison de l’orientation with the exception of ADEM's Vocational Guidance Department will remain closed until 20 April 2020 included. It is only in the case of an emergency that the person may go to the reception desk in person to receive assistance. The services can be contacted:
- By email:
- By phone (Monday to Friday from 8.00 - 12.00 and from 13.00 - 17.00):
- ADEM-OP: 247-85480;
- CePAS: 247-75910;
- SECAM/CASNA: 247-75274.
- The Luxembourg National Library (BnL) is closed until 31 March 2020, but its digital resources can be accessed 24/7 from any location.
These hours will remain in force until further notice.
The opening hours of other administrations may also change. We invite you to also consult the information available on gouvernement.lu.
Thank you for your understanding.