Citizens are kindly requested only to go to the service desks concerned in the case of urgent requests. With respect to the details of the administrative procedure or application and the alternative possibilities for submitting or performing them (e.g. online), please refer to the information pages available on Guichet.lu.
Following the exceptional measures taken by the Government Council to combat the spread of the COVID19 virus, the public is informed that the opening hours of certain public administrations will be changed as follows from Monday 16 March 2020:
- The reception desk of Guichet.lu (11, rue Notre-Dame) can be visited by appointment only, from 8.30 to 16.30. Appointments can be made by email or by phone on 247-82000 from 8.00 to 18.00;
- Ministry of Justice:
- the "Nationalité" Infoline (toll free number 8002 1000 from Luxembourg) and (+352) 247 88588 from abroad) can be contacted Monday to Friday from 8.30 - 12.00 and from 13.30 - 17.00;
- Children’s Future Fund (CAE): the reception desks are closed;
- the CAE will be accessible by telephone for any general information or any information concerning a current dossier at (+352) 47 71 53-1 without interruption from 8.30 - 14.00;
- as a reminder, some CAE procedures can be carried out online;
- the forms required to complete the different procedures can also be downloaded on Guichet.lu and on the website of the CAE. These documents can be sent to the CAE by post (BP 394, L-2013).
- National Solidarity Fund (FNS): the reception desks are closed. The services offered by the FNS do not require you to come in person to their reception desk.
- application for benefits:
- the forms are available online and can be submitted by post to: BP 2411, L-1024 Luxembourg;
- if you need help, the case managers at the FNS are at your disposal from 08.30 to 11.30 at the telephone numbers available here;
- the certificates are sent by post on simple request to be made:
- online or;
- by phone (+352) 49 10 81 – 1, from 08.30 to 12.00 and from 13.00 to 16.30.
- the declarations of absence from the territory can be requested by phone from the case managers at the FNS from 08.30 to 11.30. The telephone numbers are available here;
- requests for the cost-of-living allowance can only be made by post. For any enquiry, the cost-of-living departement can be contacted by phone on (+352) 49 10 81 – 999 from 08.30 to 11.30;
- for any other information, citizens are requested to call (+352) 49 10 81 – 1 from 08.30 to 12.00 and from 13.00 to 16.30.
- Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs:
- Immigration Directorate:
- the reception desks of the Refugee Office are closed until further notice;
- the "information" desks of the Department for Foreigners are also closed;
- the desks for "registration" and "issuance" of residence permits are only open by appointment.
The telephone helpdesk (tel.: 247-84040) is open Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 12.00 and from 14.00 to 16.00.
The deposit of documents at the reception desk of the Immigration Directorate is currently not possible: applicants are requested to send their documents by post only;
- ADEM: an appointment in person with ADEM can be arranged in case of emergency, but only after having obtained prior approval from ADEM to be requested by email (email@example.com) or by phone on 247 75001.
For certificate requests or other questions, the ADEM Contact Centre can be reached:
- on 247-88888 for job seekers;
- on 247-88000 for employers;
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ministry of Housing: the Single point of contact for housing assistance will be closed to the public, but can be contacted by email (email@example.com), post and telephone (call center 8002 10 10);
- the Grand Ducal Police: physical reception desks will be open to the public (24h/7) only at the following 4 police stations:
- Luxembourg city (1, rue Pierre et Marie Curie) ;
- Diekirch (8, rue Alexis Heck) ;
- Esch-sur-Alzette, 104 boulevard Kennedy) ;
- Grevenmacher (48, rue de Machtum).
You should only go to the physical reception desks in case of absolute necessity. The reception desks at all other police sites will be closed until further notice.
All police stations will operate normally and will remain accessible to the general public by telephone or email. It is also possible to file a complaint online.
More information can be found on the website of the Grand Ducal Police.
- Ministry of Finance: the counters and offices of the following administrations remain open to the public but will only be accessible by prior appointment. The contact numbers and email addresses for making appointments can be found on the respective websites:
- SNCA: all reception desks in charge of registration, approval, driving licences as well as the physical reception desk are closed to the public:
- all requests in relation with registrations, approvals and driving licences of private individuals will only be accepted by post or by deposit in one of the mailboxes on the different sites. A telephone number or an email address of the contact person must be included with each request;
- all requests in relation with registrations, approvals and driving licences by professionals have to be deposited and will be processed by the back-office. All physical contact when depositing the requests needs to be avoided;
- the driving exams are resuming, but certain precautionary measures will apply. More information on the theory and practical driving exams are available on this page;
- persons who urgently have to collect a driving licence at one of the SNCA sites are requested to call the call-center at 26 62 64 00 or to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to work out a solution on a case by case basis;
- Ministry of Higher Education and Research: on-site consultations are no longer possible and the information offices on higher education will remain closed to the public. The following requests can be submitted by email or by post:
- Ministry of National Education: on-site consultations are no longer possible and the information offices on higher education will remain closed to the public. The following requests can be submitted by email or by post:
- National Pension Insurance Fund (CNAP): all counters are temporarily closed. A hotline is available for any questions or queries at 22 41 41 6500 from 8.00 to 12.00 and from 13.00 pm to 16.00 pm. The CNAP also remains accessible via a contact form.
- the Maison de l’orientation with the exception of ADEM's Vocational Guidance Department will remain closed until 20 April 2020 included. It is only in the case of an emergency that the person may go to the reception desk in person to receive assistance. The services can be contacted:
- By email:
- By phone (Monday to Friday from 8.00 - 12.00 and from 13.00 - 17.00):
- ADEM-OP: 247-85480;
- CePAS: 247-75910;
- SECAM/CASNA: 247-75274.
- The Luxembourg National Library (BnL) is gradually resuming normal operations, beginning on Tuesday 12 May 2020. In a first phase, interested parties will be able to access the BnL from Tuesday to Saturday between 10.00 and 18.00, provided they have made a prior reservation for non-borrowable documents and a workstation. Further information can be found on the BnL website.
These hours will remain in force until further notice.
The opening hours of other administrations may also change. We invite you to also consult the information available on gouvernement.lu.
Thank you for your understanding.