Are you going on a trip abroad? Then you should register!

When travelling on a temporary or extended basis (European Union or other), travellers have the opportunity to report their travels to the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs (MAEE).

The declaration of a stay or residence abroad is done via an online assistant available on, without the need for a LuxTrust certificate.

If the trip involves visiting several countries or places within the same country, it is possible to make a single declaration for all destinations.

In the same way, it is possible, for the same journey, to declare several people in a single declaration. Thus, for example, in the case of a school trip or an organised trip, only one person will be able to register all the participants.

Declaring your stay or permanent residence abroad to the MAEE can be useful at several levels: In case of mishap during your trip, you will notably benefit in the best conditions for consular assistance.

To find out more, read our new brochure "Partez à l’étranger l’esprit tranquille".

Last update