What to do in case of an accident on the way to work?

The accident declaration must be presented within one year on risk of forfeiture of the right to compensation. This one-year period begins on the day after the occurrence of the accident.

Accidents are to be declared by:

  • employers or their representatives, for accidents involving their salaried employees (private and public sector);
  • self-employed persons carrying out a craft activity, a commercial activity or a liberal profession;
  • self-employed persons carrying out an agricultural, viticultural, horticultural or forestry activity;
  • beneficiaries of full unemployment benefits who have an accident on their way to the National Employment Agency (ADEM).

To learn more on this topic, please see our information sheets on accident insurance. They have been recently updated in collaboration with the Accident Insurance Association (Association Assurance Accident - AAA).

Last update